AMD has released the 5th Generation of its AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition software, a tool designed for those who want to explore the full power of AMD Radeon GPUs.
According to AMD, the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition is delivering up to 15 percent average higher performance for some of today’s top game titles compared to last year. The software also enables streaming of PC-based games and video to mobile devices and is the first AMD solution designed to enable PC-quality streaming to standalone Virtual Reality (VR) headsets, delivering VR experiences on standalone VR devices.
Key new features of AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition include:
- PC-to-VR and mobile device streaming: AMD Radeon ReLive, combined with the updated AMD Link mobile application and dedicated VR store applications, now enables streaming of PC-based games and video to standalone VR headsets such as HTC Vive Focus and Google Daydream via a home Wi-Fi network, as well as a wide selection of Android and iOS-based mobile phones and tablets via a home Wi-Fi network.
- In-game instant replay: AMD Radeon ReLive software, which enables gamers to capture, stream and share their greatest moments, now allows them to revel in their victories instantly by viewing a five-to-30 second picture-in-picture style gameplay clip or by creating a five-to-30 second GIF without leaving the game. In addition, the new scene editor provides more content creation tools, enabling the editing of streams and captures as well as incorporating more content into streaming overlays.
- Optimization tools: New and updated tools simplify gaming and system configuration, including:
- Radeon Game Advisor: A wizard-like tool walks gamers through the process of tuning their games for the optimal mix of fluid animation and visual fidelity.
- Radeon Settings Advisor: Automatically recommends system and display settings that can be deployed with a single click.
- Upgrade Advisor: Determines if a PC meets the minimum and recommended developer game specifications and offers AMD CPU and GPU hardware upgrade suggestions, if needed.
- Updated AMD Link application: The free AMD Link mobile application features a streamlined user interface, new driver upgrade features, enhanced Radeon ReLive gallery support and, for the first time, the ability to use natural language voice commands to control Radeon ReLive functionality and track performance metrics.
- Improved performance and power management: AMD Radeon WattMan Technology now provides one-click controls for auto-GPU and memory overclocking and auto-GPU undervolting. AMD says that the revamped AMD Radeon Chill power-saving tool delivers up to 20 percent more power savings in select titles.
- Enhanced AMD Radeon FreeSync 2 HDR technology provides auto-tone mapping to deliver greater color contrast and visible detail consistently across FreeSync technology-supported displays. In addition, the AMD Virtual Super Resolution feature now supports ultra-wide 21:9 displays.
- The updated Radeon Overlay feature allows users to access system performance metrics on screen, and now includes in-game controls for AMD Radeon WattMan technology, Enhanced Sync technology and Game Advisor. The new release also provides one-click access to the AMD Radeon Software ecosystem, including Radeon ReLive, performance monitoring, Radeon Chill, Frame Rate Target Control (FRTC), Radeon FreeSync technology, and color settings.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition is available today here.