Server technology provider ASrock Rack is introducing the latest high performance server board EP2C612D24, which is equipped with 24 memory DDR4 slots. As how it calls, EP2C612D24 features Intel Xeon E5 v3 processors with dual sockets. The motherboard supports twenty four DDR4 DIMM slots. So do the math: With 16GB UDIMMs, this allows for a maximum of 384GB, although moving up to RDIMM, LRDIMMs or 64GB NVDIMMs pushes the max to 1.5TB in a dual socket motherboard. Just imagine the cost of this configuration..
Moreover, the motherboard has ten SATA 3 ports, three PCIe3.0x8 and one ultra M.2 slot.
Network connectivity is provided by an Intel i350 which gives four gigabit ports.
With this massive mpotherboard, ASRock Rack is targeting intensive compute tasks, big data analysis, and cloud computing.
- Dual Socket LGA 2011 R3 support Intel Xeon processor E5-2600/4600 & v3 series
- Supports Quad DDR4 2133/1866 LR, Rigistered , ECC DIMM and NVDIMM, 24 x DIMM
- Supports 10 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s by Intel C612
- Supports 3 PCIe3.0x 8, 1 ultra M.2 slot
- ASPEED 2400. Integrated IPMI 2.0 and KVM with Dedicated LAN
- Support 4 x GLAN by Intel i350