Sony confirmed it's working on PS2 emulation for the PS4, and rival Microsoft will be offering select Xbox One console bundles for $299, at least for the Black Friday. A report from Wired confirmed that Sony is "working on utilizing PS2 emulation technology to bring PS2 games forward to the current generation."
Sony did not provide any additional details on how it would implement backwards compatibility .
Currently, some older PS3 games can be played on the company's latest console via the PS Now streaming service. And according to reports, the recently-released Star Wars: Battlefront bundle for the PS4 includes three Star Wars PS2 games that appear to be emulated to the newer system.
Seperately, If you haven't made the move to Xbox One yet, you could switch over this Black Friday. Microsoft said that prices on the console will be lower than ever before, dozens of games will be discounted with up to 60 percent savings and Xbox One owners will be able to enjoy Backward Compatibility for more than 100 Xbox 360 titles, including the Gears of War series, Mass Effect and Borderlands.
From Thursday, Nov. 26 through Monday, Nov. 30 in the U.S., select console bundles will be available starting at $299. You can also save $50 on any of our 12 Xbox One holiday bundles:
- Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Bundle
- Xbox One Elite Bundle
- Xbox One 1TB Holiday Bundle
- Xbox One Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Bundle
- Xbox One Fallout 4 Bundle
- Xbox One The LEGO Movie Videogame Bundle
- Xbox One Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle
- Xbox One FIFA 16 1TB Bundle
- Xbox One Special Edition Gears of War Bundle
- Xbox One with Kinect Bundle
- Xbox One Limited Edition Forza Motorsport 6 Console (Nearly sold out)
- Xbox One Madden NFL 16 Bundle (Nearly sold out)
The above deals apply to both online and in-store purchases in the U.S. ? even on Cyber Monday.