Synology Inc. has made available the SA3600 and the DiskStation DS420j storage systems.
The SA3600 provides businesses with access to faster and larger on-premises storage in a cost-effective package.
Powered by an Intel Xeon 12-core processor, the SA3600 is scalable up to 180 drives. The system provides petabyte-scale storage capacity, suitable for massive surveillance deployments, video post-production, and other business environments. Support of both 2.5" and 3.5" SAS/SATA drives increases flexibility and prevents vendor lock-in, minimizing total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Performance: Over 5,500 MB/s sequential throughput and 176,000 4K random write IOPS
- Scalability: Up to 1,536 TB storage capacity with 7 expansion units
- 10GbE built-in: 2 x 10GbE and 4 x 1GbE Ethernet ports
- PCIe 3.0 expansion: 2 x PCIe slots for additional network interface card support
- Virtualization-ready: Certified for VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, and OpenStack Cinder
- VM, SaaS, and endpoint protection - Centralized backup solution to protect VMware and Windows Server virtual machines, Windows endpoints, Office 365, and G Suite accounts. You can manage all the backup tasks from one single console and restore data instantly with flexible recovery methods.
- Prevent data loss - Synology Snapshot Manager integrates with VMware and Windows for application-consistent data protection. Snapshot Replication enables Shared Folder and LUN protection for all other workloads.
- You can also sdd in another SA3600 to combine two servers into a single high-availability cluster. The active/passive structure ensures smooth service transition between clustered servers in the event of hardware failure.
Synology also launched DiskStation DS420j, a file syncing and sharing solution perfect for the growing data storage needs of families and home users.
DS420j is a four-bay desktop NAS designed for home data backup, synchronization and sharing. With a maximum net storage capacity of 64 TB, you can centrally manage and store multimedia files.
The DS420j uses a Realtek RTD1296 Quad-core 1.4 GHz processor and 1 GB DDR4 RAM. The supported RAID levels are Synology Hybrid RAID / Basic / JBOD / RAID 0/1/5/6/10. The interface has USB3.0x2 and Gigabit Ethernet x1.
The system features two 80mm cooling fans, and its dimensions are 168mm in width, 230mm in depth, 184mm in height. It is covered by a 2-years warranty.
The DS420j runs on DiskStation Manager, the platform for data management, featuring security features and customizable user profiles.