The Xbox Console Streaming, a new system feature that lets you remotely play your Xbox One games from your console on a mobile device, is available for preview.
If you’re an Xbox Insider in the Alpha and Alpha Skip-Ahead rings in the US and UK, you can now try a preview of Xbox Console Streaming. You’ll be able to play your owned and installed Xbox One games, including Xbox Game Pass titles, on an Android phone or tablet remotely from your home console.
Here’s what you need to know and can expect from Xbox Console Streaming (Preview):
- You need to be an Xbox Insider in the US and UK with a console enrolled in the Alpha or Alpha-Skip-Ahead rings to participate in the preview. Microsoft will expand the preview to more rings and regions in the future.
- To participate in the Xbox Console Streaming preview, Insiders need:
- A phone or tablet running Android 6.0 or higher, with Bluetooth 4.0.
- A Bluetooth-enabled Xbox One Wireless Controller.
- While not required, we recommend a controller mount for those gamers testing on a phone.
- Download the Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) app from the Google Play Store
The app will guide you through setting up Xbox Console Streaming on your enrolled Xbox One, including performing a test to ensure your home network, console and controller are ready for Xbox Console Streaming. It includes a network test ensures your console’s network connection and setup meet the minimum requirements:
- NAT type: Open or Moderate
- Upstream bandwidth: At least 4.75 Mbps required, 9 Mbps preferred
- Network latency: 125 ms or less required, 60 ms or less preferred
- Console settings: Power setting must be Instant-on
The test Xbox Console Streaming supports a wide variety of Xbox One games, although original Xbox and Xbox 360 backward-compatible titles are not supported at this time.